Friday, March 6, 2009

Getting to know you


It was a good thing I took an hour to walk through Albuquerque’s Old Town just before dinner yesterday. I had a feeling it would be my only spare time until my departure on Sunday.

Today was incredibly busy, but equally rewarding. The Indigenous Child Health conference coincided with the final day of the Indigenous Women’s Health conference, held in the same location. This made for a lot of traffic in the main area around NAHO’s booth.

There are so many interesting people at this conference. It was amazing to see how well-known the organization is across the border, though there are many Canadians at the conference as well. NAHO products and publications literally flew off the table, and it didn’t take long before I had to restock the table with more copies of the Journal of Aboriginal Health, Our Healthy Journey, midwifery resources, and other post cards and pamphlets.

No comments:

Post a Comment