Sunday, March 8, 2009

Time to fly


It was difficult to leave the beautiful city of Albuquerque, New Mexico without having time to fully explore its sights and surroundings. I guess the volcanoes, skiing, and visit to the nearby historic town of San Juan will have to wait until next time.

But I have to say my positive experiences at the conference far overshadowed to lack of spare time. I think my first time promoting NAHO at a conference was very successful, and I am very grateful I had the opportunity to do so. Another rewarding experience was meeting so many wonderful people who worked in similar fields.

Although I may not return to Albuquerque any time soon, I will take forward valuable knowledge from various sessions I attended, and use feedback from delegates across Canada and the U.S. as additional motivation to work towards the health of First Nations, Inuit and Métis individual, families, and communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment