Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Conference wrap-up

With the poster presentations on display at the conference, there was quite a bit of traffic at the NAHO booth today. We were able to hand out a lot more resources before it was time to pack it in and take down the booth.

I met a lot of interesting new people at this conference, and even ran into a few that I had met at the Indigenous Child Health Conference in Albuquerque, New Mexico last March. I must say that one of the highlights during our booth work was getting to meet and get my picture taken with Carolyn Tait, who edited Journal of Aboriginal Health Vol. 4, Issue 1 on women’s health.

Other highlights were receiving lots of feedback from delegates on NAHO products and publications, as well as helping to direct people to NAHO resources relevant to their line of work.

But our promotion of NAHO was not limited to the NAHO booth. Colleen Patterson and I visited the local frienship centre and women's centre to say 'hi' and drop off some of our relevant resources.

I also ran into a lot of friends and contacts that I knew through working as sports editor at News North. It was really rewarding to update everyone on my job with NAHO and all the great things going on at the organization.



No comments:

Post a Comment